Yes! Knitting and Heavy Metal have more in common than you think. In Finland, the Heavy Metal Knitting Contest was launched when the organisers realised that there were the same number of knitters as heavy metal bands in Finland. Imagine that!
The Rules were simple: create a 1 minute video. At least one person in the video had to be knitting (really knitting, not just pretending). Use the music provided by the organiser. Submit by 31 May 2019. The finals took place 11 July 2019 in Joensuu, Finland.
They never imagined the contest would become a global sensation!
The Winners are from Japan!
This was so much fun, we are going to do it again.
There are 5 different ways you can help the homeless:
- Wool for Warmth works without subsidies and every month we need to raise €500. Please help by donating to our gofundme campaign: https://www.gofundme.com/f/knit-hats-and-scarves-for-the-homeless
- Contact us with donations of wool, knitting and crochet supplies, and knitting talent at email@example.com.
- Start a club? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spread the word. Homelessness is growing and we have a lot of work to do.
- Follow us on Facebook and LIKE our page https://www.facebook.com/woolforwarmth/?view_public_for=2231732456915792